Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Brighten Miller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:03 pm   

Alias listing & archival

I'm a long-time Zmud user and have been steadily adding to my set of aliases for my mud (3k) for the last 8ish years... With the introduction of classes I migrated them into classes for the sake of organizing them. My questions are regarding the vast number of aliases. Occasionally, I forget the keyword for a macro that I've not used in a few months (or years) and have to go looking for it. I used to be able to just #alias and sort through the list... but now that list goes on for ... well double digit seconds.

1) Is there a way to list (from the command prompt) only the aliases in a certain class?
2) Is there a way to make a certain class 'invisible' to the #alias command
3) Can anyone offer suggestions on migrating the classes into text files easily and efficiently and using the #read (i think) commands?

Thanks!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:40 am   

As far as I know you cannot do #1 with any simple zmud command like #ALIAS, since any parameters used in that command will either display the definition for a single alias or create one.

#2 is impossible, since #ALIAS does not take into consideration the enabled/disabled status of classes. It'd make a great suggestion in the Beta forums or via the bug-report/feature request email system, though.

As far as #3, goes it might be easier to use a database that holds the syntax definitions of your aliases. You could even add in the list of MUD-defined commands, if you wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: