Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jat63
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:06 pm   

Mapper configuration

I am playing Dragonrealms and trying to get the mapper setup so that in safewalk mode it send the #OK on the room name rather than the first line of the description. I have tried quite a few different things but so far found no way to do this. Is it possible?

The reson for this is that some room descriptions change but the name says the same and this looks like it should be an easy way to get things to work - if its possible.
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:17 pm   

I'm not familiar with doing this myself, but I wonder if it might be related to a bug being discussed in the Beta forum.

Please post a full example of what you see when you enter a room (not just what you see when you type "look"). Provide everything from the direction command to your next prompt after it displays the room and everything.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:27 pm   

The option for this is located in the Speedwalking section of the mapper configuration. Of the top of my head 'Match description during speedwalk'. You want to uncheck it to use room names.
jat63
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:18 am   

Thanks - that helped to solve it. It was one of the options I had tried before but I went back to look at it again. It seems that I also had to uncheck the "match room name at end of line option" as Dragonrealms puts the room name in side [ ]. Looks like the automap setup missed this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: