Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
coolbriguy
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:00 am   

MudReader

I hate to rehash this but I tried downloading every file from the microsoft website regarding TTS systems, I tried searching for Zor Software (nothing to be found), I even did an internet search on mudreader to no avail. All I get is "The TTS engine failed to load - Mud Reader functions are not available" now that I've reformatted my computer to start anew. I'm sure someone out there knows how to get this working. Please help the TTS is so nice for someone like me. I'm using Windows XP Prof. I've installed MS Reader 2.1.1 and the TTS engine it said to install with it, and at that I am at a loss.
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:18 am   

Did you try emailing the author directly for support? According to http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/down.asp you should do that. The email address listed there is zorsoftware@hotmail.com
I'm sure people here would like to help you (and indeed, some may know the solution to your problem), but you might go ahead and send off a mail just in case.
Zor
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:30 am   

Unfortunately that e-mail address doesn't work anymore. I've been pretty busy lately and honestly didn't really think anyone was using my plugins. =)

The new address you should use is zor@kaczorzoo.net - please send me the MudReader.log file from the zMUD directory and I'll see if it offers any insight into the problem.
coolbriguy
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:20 am   

I sent an email I dont' know if you got it or not. Please let me know. I had attempted sending email to the old address, even doign an extensive search online for the mudreader information. The only reason I posted on the forums was in hope that somone used the plugin and knew how to make it work.
broadnax
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:17 pm   

Zor!! haha your plugin rocks! I used it for a while and it worked great. Later on I did something to screw it up and ran into the TTS not loaded issue as well. Thanks for supporting your plugin. I'll be mailing you a log, hehe

Thanks
Toetag
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:01 pm   

Zor, i've never stopped using your plug-in. It's the best plug-in i've had for any software i think.

I've thought often on what other possible plug-in might be usable in Zmud...but other than yours i couldn't think of any.

Darn good addition to the Zmud family.
zeather483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:50 am   

I to am having problems with the TTS Engine failing to load. Used it before and the mojority of my script uses the #speak command. The authors e-mail has been removed, ONCE AGAIN (dude get a google mail or something and stop changing it dang you have programs you must give support to out there) and there is no support for this plugin. Does some one know how to fix this error.any where is there a way for me to create my own aliases to do what the mudreader did? If so I wanted to create it so it was just as easy to use as mud reader ALIASES %1 sort of speak. and second post there seems to be an error on this post page that amkes the text box not refresh right when using the backspace, delete ,or adding text in the middle of a line, while using Google Chrome Browzer :(

Some one please give me a solution.
Thank you for the time
Zeather Kalvar.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:52 pm   

zeather483 wrote:
I to am having problems with the TTS Engine failing to load. Used it before and the mojority of my script uses the #speak command. The authors e-mail has been removed, ONCE AGAIN (dude get a google mail or something and stop changing it dang you have programs you must give support to out there) and there is no support for this plugin. Does some one know how to fix this error.any where is there a way for me to create my own aliases to do what the mudreader did? If so I wanted to create it so it was just as easy to use as mud reader ALIASES %1 sort of speak. and second post there seems to be an error on this post page that amkes the text box not refresh right when using the backspace, delete ,or adding text in the middle of a line, while using Google Chrome Browzer :(

If you use cMUD you could try the TextToSpeech script available on the script library. The interface for that script is:
Speak <message>.
Speaks message

SpeakStop.
Stops current buffered text from being spoken.

SpeakAll.
Toggles if all displayed text should be spoken.

ListVoices.
Lists available voices

SetVoice <number>.
Changes the active voice

So you can do stuff like 'speak %1'. It has builtin support to speak everything that is displayed on the output window, but can be toggled with SpeakAll.
zeather

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:59 pm   

Is this not zMUD General Discussion. I don't use cmud i use Zmud
i have tried all the things listed that i should do checked the zmud forums searched on Google and other search sites with no luck i'm looking for some one help me just take the mudreader plugin (i know how to uninstall it finish reading my message before you respond) out of my system and replace it with a aliases that does the same thing any one know how to make zmud use the text to speach with out the mud reader plugin? i am not using Cmud so don't post Cmud response unless it will work with Zmud as well.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:26 pm   

zeather wrote:
Is this not zMUD General Discussion. I don't use cmud i use Zmud
i have tried all the things listed that i should do checked the zmud forums searched on Google and other search sites with no luck i'm looking for some one help me just take the mudreader plugin (i know how to uninstall it finish reading my message before you respond) out of my system and replace it with a aliases that does the same thing any one know how to make zmud use the text to speach with out the mud reader plugin? i am not using Cmud so don't post Cmud response unless it will work with Zmud as well.

I am sorry if I have offended you. That was not my intent. The problem is that I do not have zMUD installed currently. I have worked on text to speech script on cMUD, and I believe it is something very valuable to have in a client like this.

Try this script:
#var TTS %comcreate( "Sapi.SpVoice")
#call @TTS.Speak("message goes here", 1)

It might have to be rewritten slightly to run in zMUD but should give a very good idea of what needs to be done.
zeather

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 am   Thank you

thank you
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:54 pm   

Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the MudReader plugin either. It works just fine.
Make sure you're enclosing your #SPEAK statements in curly brackets. #SPEAK {Hi, my name is Jim}
If this doesn't work and you think you have a fault install of either MudReader or zMUD, you can always try reinstalling them both.

To date I've been using MudReader for 8 years and I've never had a single problem with it that wasn't my own mistakes. Now, I'm not saying you haven't discovered something that is caused by a unique system setup or something, after all... it is possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: