Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:52 am   

email bug reports or post them?

Zugg: From time to time I've had a bug to report. I've read the section on the website about bug reports and have seen the form for submitting them. What I'm wondering is - would you rather we emailed in bug reports or post them here? Personally, I'd rather post them here since it gives other people a chance to confirm them or to tell you that it's not a bug and you're just missing something ;)

So, what is the "official" way to report a bug?

If the answer is to post, do you have a preferred way of formatting the subject? I notice the beta forum has the standard of putting the version number in brackets.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:57 am   

Take a look at the Beta Testing page in the help, it pretty much says it all. It can be found in the Contents branch of the help and is also linked directly on the Contents page of all beta versions. As a general practice I only post to the beta forum, it might be why a bug or 2 I found slipped away to breed.
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:49 am   

Yah, but I was more asking in general terms for non-Beta bugs, too.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:33 pm   

When a beta cycle isn't going email is really the way to go.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:15 am   

I'd eventually do both, but usually I mention it here first so others can correct me, so others can confirm it, or so Zugg can whip out his awesomely powerful familiarity with ZMud code and explain the details to us. If it turns out to be a bug and Zugg hasn't yet chimed in, an email rushes out of my mailbox and tries to bully its way to a spot in Zugg's mailbox. If it makes it in, Zugg will usually read it and by doing so some helper program of his will automatically enter the bug report into his Bug List.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:47 am   

Keep in mind that I don't read the General Forum very often, *especially* when I'm working on a beta version. So either post the bug reports to the beta forum, or email them to me.
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:48 am   

Ah, now that is VERY good to know! Well, on my last bug I decided to test it on the beta and also send you an email bug report via the web form. Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: