Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
alazar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:41 am   

help

Hi, I want to make a program so it automatically navigates my character through a maze. Basically the maze is forever changing and with some lethal traps if you go in the wrong direction. Is there a way to do this with zmud? here are some scenerios:

start the maze. exits in every direction. however in some rooms there are walls blocking certain exits. If you go in the direction that is 'blocked' you either die, or get severely injured.

Is there a way to make zmud navigate this type of maze automatically? Like set a variable for it to continously navigate the maze until it finds a certain string in a room?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alazar
hatespyware
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:57 am   

If you can come up with a specific set of rules that will get you through the maze (an algorithm), then you can have zMud navigate it on your behalf. I can't give you a whole lot of recommendations without having more info about your specific scenario, though. You should probably start by reading the included help about making triggers... my guess is that you will be able to do everything you need after learning that bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: