Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Nass
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:38 pm   

win '98 error with 1.2

Does this ring a bell with anyone, and anyone know the solution? First time I run 1.2, all fine, second time I get:
quote:
access violation at address 004D878B in module 'ZMAPPER.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF.
That's using the sample maps supplied.

Thanks
IceChild
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:47 pm   

Taking a stab at this:

1) Have you updated all of your updates in Windows Update?

2) Have you made sure your mDAC is updated? (Check the support library for information on how to do this on your system)

3) If you're running zmud, what version are you running? (Reason I ask is, if zmud runs fine, and zmapper doesn't, that gives us a point at which to reference)

I've never seen zMapper just crash on exec, though I'm sure it's possible, heck, anything is possible.

With the information I've asked for, we should be able to more-approperately help you with your situtation.
Nass
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:28 pm   

yay, I solved it!

Basically, I tried everything, from reinstalling windows and adding every single service pack/ recommended patch, using every utility I could think of to see if it might be some hardware issue, to all reinstalling those jet and mdac things, downgrading to the earliest zmapper, to installing 6.62, 6.63 and 6.64. great fun on a modem, I tell you.

In the end, downgrading my zmud back to 6.55 completely solved all of my issues.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:28 pm   

Downgrading zMUD would not have any effect at all on running zMapper, so it must have been one of the other updates you applied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: