Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mrdark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:31 am   

how to abort further triggers?

Hello guys!

I've got a simple problem, but haven't found any solutions yet.
Let me explain:

I want to #GAG a line AND I don't want it to be processed by any further triggers anymore.

Example: both triggers do match the same line (no, I cannot merge them in one trigger)

TRIGGER 1: #GAG;#ABORT
TRIGGER 2: #CAPTURE anywindow

The first trigger gags like it should, but the second captures even so :(

Well '#ABORT', doesn't work for me, cuz it aborts only commands within trigger code. Is there something like "#ABORT_ANY_FURTHER_TRIGGERS_FOR_THIS_LINE" ?

Thank you in advance

cheers
- mrdark
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:22 am   

You can adjust trigger order. Make sure your #GAG trigger is above the #CAP trigger. Then change the #GAG to #GAG 1. #GAG by itself simply flags the line to be #GAGged then when all triggers are done #GAGs it. This is to allow the #UNGAG command to work in another trigger. Using #GAG 1 does the #GAGging immediately thereby making the line inaccessible to other triggers.
mrdark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:38 am   

that is what I was looking for! thank you very much!!
mrdark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:02 pm   

hello,

well "#GAG 1" seems to work exactly like "#GAG". No Difference here :(
and the gagged line is still accsessible to following triggers.
my "#GAG"-trigger is the very first trigger to be executed. (on the top of the list)
mrdark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:15 pm   

shouldn't #GAG take the line out from further processing?
or is it ok, when #GAG just hides the line from the screen, but at the same time it lets the line being parsed by following triggers? I don't think so.

any ideas?
Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:29 pm   

make sure that your gag tigger is processed before all other triggers. In the view menu, select sort order of UNSORTED. this order is the order in which triggers will be processed. Now make sure your gag trigger it before any other triggers. you can drag them up to move the order.

If your still having problems, tell me what version of zmud your using.
mrdark
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:47 pm   

Well, my sort selecttion is 'sort by <none>' .. even if I export the entire trigger set this trigger is on the top of the file! .. the other triggers are beneath .. and some are even in other classes.
the "gag" class is the first one, the "gag"-trigger I'm talking about is on top position within this class.

<class gag>
<trigger gag> <- first trigger :)
<trigger cap> <- executed on gagged line :(
</class gag>
<class anyclass>
<trigger anytrigger> <- executed on gagged line :(
</class anyclass>

I'm using 6.40 because I my mapper freezes in 6.62 .. but that's another story :)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:10 pm   

Oh. There was a bug in using #GAG number that was corrected between 6.40 and the current public version.

All answers are always based on the current public version. Might I ask your reasons for not upgrading (other then mapper freezes)? We all happened to luck out and Zugg decided to add a number of new features for the next version, when he had previously planned to only update to match changes with the zMapper and zExplorer products. So now is the best time to mention what had made 6.40 seem better for you.

The mapper freezing that you expeirenced also might be corrected by the next public version, unless it is caused by something all the beta testers never found. Perhaps you should consider trying to explain the mapper problem you had or even participating in the beta process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: