Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
loverat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:12 am   

Chats Capture - Aardwolf

I am extremely newb to mudding and therefore this scripting business. Was wondering if anyone has a script to capture all channels/tells in aardwolf to a separate single window. I had a go at using the finished Achaean capture script but I am ending up with it capturing the entire screen and have no real clue what to change in it to stop that =)

Any help/advice links appreciated.
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:33 am   

The reason the Achaean script isnt working properly is because you have to turn the capture class off using a PROMPT, with my brief usage of Aardwolf It doesnt look like you get a PROMPT after everything on the screen only after you enter a command like 'LOOK'. This may just be a default setting Im not sure Like I said Ive only played it for ohh, maybe 5 minutes. But if there is a way in Aardwolf to have it prompt after everything that comes onto the screen then you would set your prompt trigger to turn off the capture class, With #TR {PROMPT} {#T- Cap (or maybe #T- Capture)}
Although I use the achaean capture script myself, I dont have it in front of me to go look and see what the class is labeled. Also remember to set the trigger to Trigger on Prompt, instead of new line, so that you dont capture your PROMPT to your chat window each time.

EDIT - Not sure if the Striked out part is true or not, Not tested as I always set Prompt triggers to Trigger on Prompt.
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:41 am   

As a side note, If i remember correctly, even if you cant get the Aardwolf prompt to appear after each thing on your screen, It seems there is a blank line between each output, if this is the case you could use #TRIGGER {^$} {#T- Capture} To turn off the capture class at each blank line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: