Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
the_grip

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:16 pm   

Noob zMud mapper problems

i'm playing Imperian, and i'm trying to use the mapper in the latest zMud. Previous muds (that display exits) seem to work fine, but i'm having difficulties trying to get the mapper to track my movements (even though it is drawing correctly, for the most part). i reconfigured to only look at room exits, but still no help.

Any advice? Basically i start moving but the map position doesn't update. Also, some commands (in, out) are valid exits, but i don't know how to set up the map to pick them up, and what can i do if a door is already open (i.e. "Open west door" -> "The door is already open.")?

Thanks again.
Arcane_of_Discworld
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:40 pm   

As far as I know there are a couple of things that it could be. Firstly on the Map window go to Edit/Map Properties/Speedwalking and try it without the Match Description during speedwalk checked, this might enable it to move correctly. If it didn't (as I found to be the case on the mud I play) you might need to set up triggers to input #OK from whatever exit line your Mud outputs, for example:

Pattern: (*)~[(*)~].$
Value: #IF %maplocked {#OK}

or

Pattern: ^There {are|is} %w obvious {exit|exits}:*.$
Value: #If %maplocked {#OK}

The former trigger functions when I have output from the Mud I play on in brief mode, the latter when output is in verbose. I have used the condition '#If %maplocked' which checks to see if I am currently mapping or not because after trial and error I determined that if I sent the #OK whilst mapping then the mapper would not work correctly therefore these triggers only send the #OK command when I have the map in follow mode.

Arcane
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: