Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oggy
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:25 pm   

Mapper problem after update

Recently I updated JET and MDAC to fix the speed problem...woot all fixed....map from 23MB down to 12MB or so. (btw anyway to reduce this size even mor? all i done was convert all .map to mdb again)

anyway load up map...mmm nice and quick instead of 5 mins of waiting and woot zmud isn't lagging and performance is good....now i set my current position and try to speedwalk...mmm nothing...loaded config...nothing mmmm whats the go? it worked fine before i updated?

Any ideas anyone?? thanks...

btw i looked through forums and people suggest triggers but it worked perfectly fine before without any triggers so i doubt thats it
oggy
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:13 pm   

ahhh i've found out the problem but still no solution....i just realised when looking at the map that only half the map is linked...the original .map file is all linked and working and even after converting to mbd it was still all linked...but after updating JET and MDAC files it has a problem with conversion????
oggy
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:49 pm   

ok i've managed to get the map all linked now but the mbd file is 19MB which of course lags my computer to hell in zMUD....I've updated JET and MDAC....so whats the trick to get smaller mbd format size? how do you do it either in zmapper or zmud thanks
oggy
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:47 pm   

I've reinstalled JET and MDAC and tryed using the repair tool and compacted....reduced 20MB file to 18MB...tryed compacter in zmapper...nothing....how do I reduce 20MB mbd map to under 10MB?>???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: