Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

MissFit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:26 pm   

Zmapper suggestion

I'm just getting started with Zmapper, my goal is to use it to prepare nice zone maps that I can export to html. If anyone has any tips or tricks for doing this, I'd love to hear them.

My ideal would be to map an area of my mud, then go into zmapper and dress things graphically, then dump it all out to html. The resulting page would give room names when you mouse-over them, and when you click on them, bring up a room description & notes in another window.

I'm expecting that the only way to get to that ideal would be to dump the map data into a database and set up a dynamic webpage that was built off of queries onto that database... And all that I'm sure that zmapper can do for me right now is to produce a graphic. Can it get me to someplace inbetween the two?

Oh, and one other question, is it possible to produce a perspective view of a three-dimensional map? That is, if I've got a map that's in three dimensions, I'd like to have some kind of sideview or perspective view that gives you a good idea of how where the up/down stuff will take you.

MissFit, madly mapping The Final Challenge, http://www.finalchallenge.net
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:11 pm   

quote:

I'm expecting that the only way to get to that ideal would be to dump the map data into a database and set up a dynamic webpage that was built off of queries onto that database... And all that I'm sure that zmapper can do for me right now is to produce a graphic. Can it get me to someplace inbetween the two?

zMapper/zMud maps are stored in Microsoft Access 2000 format. All the map information is already in a database file. I believe html output is on the future features list, but not implemented yet.

quote:

Oh, and one other question, is it possible to produce a perspective view of a three-dimensional map? That is, if I've got a map that's in three dimensions, I'd like to have some kind of sideview or perspective view that gives you a good idea of how where the up/down stuff will take you.

This was brought up when zMapper was just becoming a working program. Zugg said at the time that it would be too difficult/time-consuming to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: