Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ananga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:09 am   

newbie please help

I finally managed to get connected to a mud but I can't figure out how to set up my character. is there like a muds for dummies somewhere? I don't want to ask y'all how to do everything.
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:14 pm   

If you mean set up your character in ZMud the easiest way is to use the connection wizard. If you use this, choose the mud you want to play and go through the log in procedure for your mud, Zmud will normally detect your character name and password and auto-log you in thereafter.

However, if you meant setting up your char on the mud, that depends largely on th mud you are playing. Most will have generated your basic stats, and from there on in it is a question of using the help files or asking people in the mud. (sorry if that sounds horribly obvious to you - I am not sure how much of a newbie your are!)

If you need mud specific help, although I guess here isn't really the place, give the name of your mud in your next post so people know which one to look at - don't guarantee any replies, but you might get lucky!
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:07 pm   

I think you Mean you want help setting up a character using Zmud.
Meaning buttons triggers aliases.

Included with Zmud is some samples try opening one of those and have a look. Also try looking in the finished scripts section of this forum, You can cut and past directly to the command line, hit enter and you should see some changes.
Open the settings window with the settings button up top to see the new classes (Kind of Like a folder in windows) open this new class to see inside or click on the new item to get and idea of how it was writen.

All the buttons on top like: Button Aliases Macrs
Will actualy open the settings editer and help you to create the disired button you selected.

Besides all of this, Read the help files, Zugg put a lot of time into makeing them and while not everything in there is defined for new beginners ALOT of it is. The rest is hours and hours of your life playing with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: