Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Reapy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:50 pm   

Automapper Troubles + Colors

Hi, I just started using zMud and the mapping utility, so I am quite new to it. I have encountered a problem with the mapping program while using it. For some reason it has stopped following my character around the mud. I mark my postion, the blue dot is in the right room, the links are all set up, and were working previously, but the mapper will not update my progress as I am moving anymore. Could this be because the database is getting to big? I have noticed the more rooms I map, the slower the database takes to update information and links.

Have you heard of anything like this? I have tried restarting zmud and rebooting and it is not taking it. If i move in follow mode, the dot doesnt move. If I move in mapping mode, it makes a new room and will not see the old links that are already there. At this point I hardly would like to remap the amount of rooms that I have already. I have also tried reconfiguring the mapper to no avail.

Also, when using the #color in a trigger, how do I know which color is which? I know you can set the background colors and foreground colors with numbers, but what format are these numbers in? They are not in an rgb hex, so I am at a complete loss.

Any help with either of these issues would be most appreciated.
Reapy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:18 pm   

I did get it working again. I think my problem was the map was not grabbing descriptions properly, and was trying to match those to let it know which room it was in. I changed to brief mode, and reconfigured to not grab descriptions. It seems to be working better this way. I also opened up the database in access and compacted and repaired it, and there is a slight improvment in performance of the map...

I still would like to know how to tell what colors I am going to change text to with the #COLOR command in a trigger...
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:58 pm   

For grabbing the description (should you choose to try doing it again later) have a look at a couple of the other topics here - configuring your prompt as a trigger and tagging it as prompt helps)
you can use names for the colors - red, blue, green, yellow etc
Reapy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:56 am   

Thanks. Lots of tweaking with the map thing got me some better results. As to the colors, I know I can type red. But say I want red with a green background or something like that, or I want a differnt rgb color besides flat red, maybe I want different tones of red. I know zmud can display anything my monitor can to me, disregardless of what ansi permits... so what determines whats red and what is blue, and what the background color is, when using numbers?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:08 am   

From the help for #COLOR:
quote:

Supports numeric values generated with the %color function, desciptive values including those listed in the %colorname function, and RGB values in hexadecimal format preceded by a $.

So this means you can do
#COLOR teal,gold
#COLOR $008080,$00FFD7
or something like the example in the help for %color
#COLOR %eval(%color(hi)+%color(blink)+%color(rev)+%color(blue,grey))
Reapy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:35 pm   

Ahh, ok. Sorry about the rtfm question :) Thank you for answering :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: