Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
demonachizer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:11 am   

Help with triggers/aliases

Hi

I am attempting to make a set of triggers and aliases for rolling stats on a mud I play. The stat rolling line looks like this:

Str: [10/0] Int: [18] Wis: [16] Dex: [16] Con: [8] Cha: [13]

Keep these stats? (y/N)

I have parsed this to be:

Str: ~[@str~] Int: ~[@int~] Wis: ~[@wis~] Dex: ~[@dex~] Con: ~[@con~] Cha: ~[@cha~]

Keep these stats? (y/N)

and set up variables with the range of values I don't want for these. I would like it to send a no response to the server only if all values hit.

i.e.

if I set @str as a range of 1-17
and @dex as 1-15
I would like to make a trigger that will fire a "no" to the server if and only if both the @dex and @str values are within the ranges I gave in the variables. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I would set this up to have unacceptable variables for all the stats. I would also like to know if possible if a simple trigger that look for this:

Str: ~[@str~] Int: ~[@int~] Wis: ~[@wis~] Dex: ~[@dex~] Con: ~[@con~] Cha: ~[@cha~]

will fire a no if any value of any variable is in the range I specify.

Essentially one way would be absolute as to what is an acceptable stats range and the other would allow me to say well this guy does have a 20 con so perhaps I can live with the slightly below what I wanted dex.

If further clarification is needed I will also try to help make it clearer. Thanks again.

EDIT: Please ignore this post. The search feature was not working for me previously and now it is. I have found a billion of these posts (and their answers) and will referance them for the syntax of if statements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: