Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
b5_lionheart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:27 am   

Password Trigger problem w/ Upgrade-Life or Death!

Ok, I made one of THE biggest mistakes. My SO was trying to download the 6.62 upgrade the other night. It kept freezing after about 1-2%. So, I THOUGHT I was doing the right thing and decided to download the upgrade for her during the day when I knew I could get a faster connection/less people online.

Well, I downloaded the 6.62 upgrade and installed it. I definitely chose the option to create backupfiles in case I wanted to revert/downgrade to the previous version in case something went wrong with the upgrade. Well, the install went through.

The only problem, she can't log any of her characters onto her different MUDDs using her character name and password Triggers. Her character names are missing from the Triggers and her passwords are either x'ed out or are outright gone from the Triggers. What she wants to kill me for is. . . . she can't remember any of her passwords and some of the login names she used.

Is there any way possible on this earth to find out what those passwords and names were??? Will reverting back to the older version fix this problem so we can write the passwords down before re-doing the upgrade?? How do I revert to the previous version?

Can anyone help a man with good intentions??????
PrestoPimp
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:36 am   

I had this problem too... You gotta click on a character.. hit edit.. go to the character tab and select the "Automatically Use this name and password" box. Hope this works for ya let us know.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:29 am   

To retrieve lost passwords open the character in ofline mode. Turn off the Gag Password in Prefences|Script Parsing. Then issue the #PW command at the command line.
b5_lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:01 pm   

PrestoPimp - Thanks, This did allow her to auto-logon to a couple of her sites.

Vijilante - I'm still having a problem. I opened a character in offline mode. I turned off the Gag Password in Preferences/Script Parsing. At this point I typed <#PW> in the command line at the bottom of the offline window. After this, nothing showed up in the window. I next tried entering the login name question (watching it appear in the text window), then typed <#CH>, and it displayed the login name. I then typed in the password question/phrase (watched this appear in the text window), typed in <#PW>, and all it did was put in a blank line where if I entered some random texted it would look like I double-spaced my typing. Was what you told me supposed to actually print the password in the text window? I even turned on the "Show Triggers" too see what was going on, but that didn't help with the display of the password either.

I still can't write down a list of her passwords. Am I doing something wrong? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:34 am   

Hrm, seems I was mistaken. #PW sends the password, hence the statement to do it in offline mode; it does not display it however. The correct command is "#ECHO %pass". Again Gag Password must be off.
b5_lionheart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:07 am   

Thank you soooo much Vijilante. She now has a list of all her log-in names and passwords.

I lived for one day. She found a new problem.

She had an alias of "shroom" that executed in the command line:

get mushroom;eat mushroom

When the alias went off, she got, "You tell the group 'm'," in the mud window. When she went into the prefs/edit gui and turned on the semi-colon, she got, "That is not a container."

I'm not sure what the problem is. Has there been a change in the way aliases run commands? I've been trying to search the whole forum for posts regarding alias problems but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: