Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mstuart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:51 pm   

trying to figure

helo,
i'm a user since '98 and not had much trouble at all but today when trying to mud, my char couldn't see some of his gear or some of the mobs...i asked an immort on the game to check and they 'snooped' me and saw just fine...i logged out and back on using telnet and saw everything...can you help me figure out this problem? i was using ver 6.24 then upgraded to 6.64 and none of my settings, aliases, triggers or anything carried over either.
thank you,
Marc
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:41 pm   

Make sure that your password is not a common word, zMUD gags it automatically.
zwanth
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:01 pm   

zMUD gags lines that have your password. If this is what is happening, you can either change your password to something less common, or, go to Preferences and turn off the option Gag password.

If it isn't password-related, you might check your triggers to see if you accidentally set a trigger that is gagging those lines; an easy way to see this is to turn off triggers (use #IG, or click on the gun icon in the bottom right of your window) and then see if everything is being displayed. If it works with triggers off, then one of your triggers is messing up the display.

Your aliases, triggers, etc are stored in a file with the extension .MUD, so to find your missing settings, you might check your zMUD folder for a .MUD file and then load it up in your zMUD window to see if it contains the settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: