Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
iagpeg3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:30 pm   

Random movements

Does anyone know why zmud is inputting random directions (usually east or west) while I have typed nothing that would create it to do that?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:26 pm   

ZMud doesn't do anything on its own, so yes you did type something that would cause it to do this. Since you probably aren't typing anything at the time this happens, then more than likely you accidentally created a trigger of some kind that sends the rogue directions.
zwanth
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:09 pm   

Another possibility is that you or your triggers are entering a path, which zMUD then translates into directions; the "." command does this by default. For example, entering .wewen will cause zMUD to send the commands west, east, west, east, north. You can read more about paths in the help file, under Introduction to Paths.
Jaerin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:55 pm   

I've actually seen it do this myself. It usually happens after a use the >blah>dir convention a few times. Then if I switch out of mapper mode I will be able to type look and it will go a direction on the map. Closing out the mapper and reopening fixes it usually.

Jaerin
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: