Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:44 pm   

Clicking on background causing problems

I am not sure if this is a zMapper problem or zMud.

I renewed my licence for zMapper and got the plugin for zMud woring again. Now whenever I click on the background of a map everything hangs up for about 4 minutes and then the window view switches to the upper left corner of the map.

This makes it very challenging when trying to select a group of rooms to format them.

Is there a way to keep the view from switching?

Thanks!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:46 am   

That's *really* wierd. When you click on a *room*, zMUD will center the map if the room is near the edge of the window. But just clicking on the background deselects the room and it shouldn't be doing anything like hanging. You might go into Spreadsheet mode and see if you have any "bad" rooms on your map with really wierd X,Y values or something like that. Otherwise, you can always wait and try the new zMUD mapper code that I'm releasing in a couple of weeks since I've made a bunch of changes to speed it up again.

But that behavior sounds far from normal. 4 minutes is a long time. Sounds more like some sort of corrupted data in the map.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:47 am   

Oh, and to answer your first question: If you are running ZMUD.EXE, then it's a zMUD problem. If you are running ZMAPPER.EXE then it's a zMapper problem. Yes, they share code, but not dynamically. The shared map code is compiled so if there is a problem, it's a problem in the compiled file.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:49 am   

I went through 25 zones in spreadsheet view and found a room with an odd ObjID, it had a negative number.

I deleted that room and the problem no longer occurs.

Many thanks!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:28 pm   

Cool, glad you found it. Yes, a negative ObjID would be very bad. That's the key index field for the database. Not sure how it could possibly generate a negative number...it's supposed to be a positive auto-increment field. If you ever are able to reproduce how you got this bad room added to your map, let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: