Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hackop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm   

Keyboard Layout Issues

I seem have a knack for hitting an odd combination of keys in zMud to screw up my layout. I'm not sure what does it, how to turn it off, or how to change it back. What happens is y and z get switched, and > and : get switched. Other swaps take place, but those are the one's that I've noticed and can remember. Has anyone else dealt with this? If I quit zMud and restart it, the problem is gone, so it must be something in the program. Is it a bug, or a feature? Thanks in advance

-Scott

PS: Windows XP Pro, zMud 6.40
user0101
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:57 am   

I don't know what is causing it, but you can always Lock Layout. Layout -> Lock Layout.

Sorry I can't be of more help..
hackop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:04 am   

I don't mean the window layout... I mean the actual layout/mapping of the keys on the keyboard. If I type the 'y' key, I get a 'z'..and vice versa. The same happens when I type the '>' symbol. Instead of '>' I get ':' (without the '' marks).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:22 am   

Are you using a laptop? zMUD activates the NUMLOCK key on your keyboard which remaps some laptop keyboards. You can turn off the Auto Numlock option in the zMUD Preferences. Otherwise zMUD doesn't mess with the keyboard so I can't imagine how you'd press 'y' and get 'z' instead. Sounds more like a wierd computer issue in that case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: