Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
WDog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:34 pm   

Mapper Room Description dection and MXP Tag.

Hi,
I have 6v62 and I am having a little problem with the mapper getting confused on a couple of descriptions. With MXP on its detecting exits and name perfectly unfortunately it’s a lot less reliable with MXP off.

The only problem I seem to have is that for some reason when there is a specific string in the description Zmud seems to think the tag has just been opened.

I created the following trigger for testing
Code:
#TRIGGER {rdesc} {#WINDOW test {%0}} "" {mxp}

This is the output from the Mud (colour added for clarity)
<ESC>[1;33m<ESC>[1z<rdesc>You stand in the entrance of Twilight Academy, an establishment designed
to teach the basics of playing the game. There are classrooms located
along each of the corridors in the cardinal directions. We recommend that
you explore the Academy in full, taking the time to visit each classroom
and learn how to play. A large set of stairs leads upward into the City
of Twilight, and a brightly painted <ESC>[1;32msign <ESC>[1;33mstands beside the fountain.
<ESC>[1z</rdesc><ESC>[1;34mThere is an image of a house here, meaning you can use SETHOME here.

And this is what the my test trigger returned
stands beside the fountain.
being the same as the mapper detection.

The problem seems to be where ever <ESC>[1;32msign <ESC>[1;33m appears in the description its processed as another <rdesc> tag and the first part of the description is chucked out.

I have the trace files and can show that most of the rooms detect OK. I was hoping someone could help me work out a #SUB trigger that would fix the problem as I would like to keep MXP on.
WDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:28 pm   

I have been testing this today with various ansi test strings using #show command and I have found out what's happening.

When ever there is different ansi code applied to text it causes the mapper and / or MXP trigger to mark that as the beginning of the MXP tag and ignore the previous text.

If the same ansi code is received as the current code it causes no problems eg current text eg ansi code at beginning of paragraph <ESC>[1;33m (yellow text)and the same code a couple of lines later cause no problems.

If the code is for example <ESC>[1;3m (italics) zmud thinks that is the position of the opening Tag.

I have also found that if the <rdesc> Tags are in a single line or span multile lines makes no difference to the capture result.

To summarise here are a couple of samples
<ESC>[1;33m [1z<rdesc>You stand in the entrance of Twilight Academy,
<ESC> [1;7man establishment designed.</rdesc>
Zmud captures
an establishment designed.
<ESC>[1;33m [1z<rdesc>You stand in the entrance of Twilight Academy, <ESC> [1;33man establishment designed.</rdesc>
Zmud captures
You stand in the entrance of Twilight Academy, an establishment designed
and finally if I use MXP colour Tags things work fine.
<ESC>[1;33m [1z<rdesc>You stand in the entrance of Twilight Academy,
<c fore=red>an establishment designed.</c></rdesc>
Zmud captures
You stand in the entrance of Twilight Academy, an establishment designed

I had a idea to use #sub to replace the ansi codes with the appropriate font tags but that’s not working cause MXP colour Tags can’t span a newline.

I am now considering striping the ansi codes but not sure how to go about it.
What I want to do is strip all the ansi codes between the opening and closing <rdesc> Tags that normally span multiple lines. But there is ansi code at beginning of the line before the opening <rdesc> that I want to keep.

I am stumped at the moment so if you got some ideas for me to try I would appreciate the input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: