Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
etali
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:52 pm   

Trigger repeatedly on one line

I'd like to strip out the number of batches of each herb in a pouch and put them in variables, so this would show up as...

pouch #99 contains 5 batches of wirren, 4 batches of jegga, 5 batches of wirren, 2 batches of harfy.

10 wirren (in total)
4 jegga
2 harfy

To test my triggers out (you may remember from the other post on here last week I'm still learning all this stuff) I have it at the moment just echoing the name of each herb seen.

#TRIGGER {%d batches of (%w)} {
#echo matches %%1
}
#wait 10000
#UNTRIGGER {%d batches of (%w)}

The problem is, this at the moment is only showing up the LAST herb listed - how can I get it to match each one as they show up?

Thanks in advance.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:21 am   

You have two options. The first involves the use of the reparse state (which I'm not at all familiar with). The second--and likely much easier--is to replace %w with * or some other pattern that will match the rest of the text.

Option #2
#trigger {pouch #99 contains (*).} {#forall %replace("%1",", ","|") {#if ("%i" =~ "(%d) batches of ({wirren|jegga|harfy})") {#if (%iskey(%%2,@Herbs)) {#addkey Herbs %%2 %eval(%db(@Herbs,%%2) + %%1)} {#addkey Herbs %%2 %%1}}};#loopdb @Herbs {#show %val %key}}
etali
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:26 am   

Thanks for your help! I think I understand the #forall bit - there can be up to six items in a pouch, and the description can go over more than one line, but if I add five commas, that should process them all shouldn't it?

It looks like you're putting the stuff in a database. I've created a database called herbs but nothing is appearing in it.

I've tried creating a variable called @herbs but that's not getting anything either.

If it's a DB I thought you'd have to go {#addkey herbs number=%%1 type=%%2} ?? The thing is that wouldn't put any duplicates into the same field and add them up....

Sorry if I sound silly but zMud is totally alien to me.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: