Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
DanaLea
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:20 pm   

zmud menu shortcuts

there is something that zmud does that really irriates me and I'm hoping someone can help me change it.

If the focus is not on the command line, and I type wa (for wake) it opens the mapper. I don't want a single letter to open menus. If I want to access a menu, I'll use Alt-letter or the mouse. I'd rather is did nothing if I type something when the focus is not in the command line. I have accidently done some bad things to my settings, and triggers, and who knows what else with this very annoying "feature" of zmud.

Can anyone help me?

-Dana
etali
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:17 am   

I could be wrong but I don't see how you can get the focus away from the command line other than by pressing Alt.

I think what you're doing is maybe planning to press Alt-H for health potion or something, changing your mind after you've already pressed Alt and the menus have focus.

All you have to do is press Alt again, or press Escape, and then the focus will return to the command line.

I could well be wrong, and either way I'd love to know the way around it. I do it myself and it drives me mad!

I think you can turn Ctrl shortcuts off, but I've never seen a way to turn Alt off.
DanaLea
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:29 am   

i'm losing focus because i use alt-tab to move between windows. like this one and zmud.

but really, my question has to do with not activing the menus, not how i lost focus.

-dana
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:02 am   

Activating the menus when you press ALT is a Windows function. I don't know of any way to disable it, but if one exists it will be in Windows not zMUD.
WDog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:43 am   

I have the same problem and it’s within the program when I have a mud window active that has no command line. My standard setup has 1 main window 4 text capture windows multiply tabbed, a floating info/button window, the mapper and various property / setting windows open.

If I start typing when the main window does not have focus I get the menus popping up. I do not us ALT key I left click usually to scroll and forget to click back in the main window. I have corrupted my settings a few times already because of this before I worked out what has happened.

I tried an alarm to automatically return the focus to the main window but it’s a pain with the mapper and settings windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: