Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Shylmysten
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:13 pm   

Settings "editor" window

I don't know how this happened, but somehow, in the settings editor, the window where you actually edit the triggers, classes, aliases, etc, has dissappeared.

I have tried several different methods to make this reappear

1. deleting the .lay files
2. deleting the settings.(can't remember exact extension)
3. I've tried highlighting a trigger, right clicking edit and the window will not appear
4. I've tried highlighting, going to the edit menu and clicking edit
5. I've tried clicking on NEW and creating a trigger, alias, etc, and the window -still- will not appear for me.

Im at a total loss.

Anyone have any idea how to just "reset" my layout back to the original default layout so that I can go in and redock all these windows the way that I had them set up?

Thanks,
Shyl
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:09 am   

There's Reset Windows menu option available when you have a character open (either connected or off-line). Further, the Reset Windows option contains sub-options to handle specific windows such as the Settings Editor.

However, it's just as easy (or moreso) to delete the settings.dok file, which contains all/most of the positional settings for system windows like the Settings Editor.
Shylmysten
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:25 am   

quote:
Originally posted by MattLofton

There's Reset Windows menu option available when you have a character open (either connected or off-line). Further, the Reset Windows option contains sub-options to handle specific windows such as the Settings Editor.

However, it's just as easy (or moreso) to delete the settings.dok file, which contains all/most of the positional settings for system windows like the Settings Editor.

I've done both of these things, However, the editor window for the settings, where you actually input your patterns and value -will not- reappear!

I have tried moving the windows around, thinking it was popping up somewhere behind another window and can't find it.

Also, it -is- trying to do something, because when I click highlight a trigger and click edit, that window loses focus.....

Hey, this really sucks, because currently, I cannot edit any of my settings.

Thanks for trying MattLofton...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:34 pm   

You can try this. I have no idea whether it will work or not, and I'm not willing to mess up my own settings to find out.

Highlight a trigger and click edit, so that the editor loses focus (and presumably, the trigger editing window has it)
Use Alt-Space-X to maximize the window that has the focus
Use Alt-Space-R to restore it to its normal size/location
Use Alt-Space-S to bring up the Size cursor and resize it if it's too small for easy manipulation
Use Alt-Space-M to bring up the move cursor and move it back where it can be easily seen and manipulated

It's also worth pointing out that most settings can be edited from the command line.
laubachm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:06 am   

I have the same problem. I use zmud 6.16 and have no setting.dok
and the layout->reset windows->settings editor or all windows doesn't change it, need help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: