Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
RavenDM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:30 pm   

zMud, XP-Pro, connects only when ZoneAlarm is on?

Title basically covers it. zMud will perform IP lookups, but can't ping and can't connect. Regular telnet apps (TeraTerm and putty) work fine. Some other mud clients seem to have the same issue. I'd rather not be running ZoneAlarm, since I'm behind a real firewall and don't need it. The real firewall is supposed to allow all outgoing and related connections. Windows Internet Connection Firewall is off, as far as I can tell, but I suspect it's an XP issue of some sort. Any help appreciated.

R.
quirk
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:44 pm   

I think the real problem is in zonealarm. Zonealarm though a good firewall has some wierd traits. For one even when you turn off Zonealarm its truevector service is still active.... this tends to keep blocking some traffic. If you don't need ZA anymore I would suggest going to thier sight and in thier support documents they have the true way to uninstall it. Seems how when you try to uninstall it leaves registry keys and again truevector keeps running. I dunno if this will help any but good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: