Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Jimbus
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:28 am   

New to zMapper

I started this thread in the AC explorer forum and was led to the zMapper product, so I'm moving it, here.

The original discussion is http://zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12391

quote:
Originally posted by Zugg

On the roads and diagonal stuff, what I have usually done when the road is an actual "room" on the MUD is to go ahead and connect the road "rooms" like normal, but then shrink them down so that the room size is very small. If you get them small enough, then they blend in with the exits and form a continuous line. This allows you to "stop" along the way as you move along the road, but relies on the exits to connect the rooms rather than trying to stretch the room. Stretching the room won't work with diagonal roads, as you mentioned. So let the exit lines do the work for you.

You are working on the cutting edge here. There are not very many users of zMapper yet and I'm just now getting back into it myself after a whole year of zMUD programming. So, I'm sure that there is a lot of tweaking needed for this product. Right now it's just a matter of experimentation to see what the best way to do things is since the only documentation is the tutorials.

Finally, yes, since this topic is all about zMapper and zMUD, any further questions should probably be posted to the zMapper forum.

I like that idea, but I can't make the rooms any smaller than the default size. I also tried turning off the default shape, but it doesn't turn off unless you've drawn a graphic.

Thanks for your help,

Jimbus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:14 pm   

Hmm, should be easy. Ctrl-click on the room to display the resize handles on the corner. Then just drag one of the corners towards the middle of the room to shrink it. Be sure that the Snap to Grid option is turned off. I don't have any trouble making the rooms smaller on my maps here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: