Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tbone235
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:04 am   

#Find

Before I upgraded to 6.62 the #find command would use the mud look command and find my current location on my map system. Now howerver it doesn't do anything. I have tried numerous times to reconfiger and what not, but it just doesn't work. Any ideas?
tbone235
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:22 am   

Ok, i've just done some experimentation and I've found that if I go through all my rooms in map creation mode and use the #look command in each of them... then the #find command will work on those rooms.
However, i have around 14000 rooms in my map system and i DONT want to have to do that in all of them to get it working. These maps were created in zmud 6.16 I think and I want to know what I can do to make them work.
Bromax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:37 am   

I am having teh EXACT same problem (although I didn't try the #look thing) I have about 12000 rooms...what can I do? Any help would be great.

-B
Droid
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:45 pm   

Hey guys i got same problem too :(

Everithing reconfigured,maps just upgraded from zmud 6.16 to 6.62,i had to use renumrooms script to give new vnums to all rooms,but didnt get how to solve THAT problem... :|
Droid
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:49 am   

Ill be posting new post at least once a week to get that issue known,fixed,or untill someone asks me not to do so
Droid
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:06 pm   

Post of the week :(
chuckp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:43 am   

Same thing here but only in some of the rooms...usually blocked together. I found as well that in mapcreation mode and using look command i could then use #find and it worked. I think the problem stems from a few things...converted maps from older versions and also from changes in the room itself (typos being fixed and changes in room description) No clue how to fix this on a large scale basis...my mud got over 20k rooms but lucky fo rme most of it works fine. Any help would be great though.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:40 pm   

You can skip the 'post of the week' Droid, it won't make any difference whether you annoy us or not.

I believe you've already brought the problem to Zugg's attention. He's currently working on zMapper, and has stated that after his next zMapper release he plans to incorporate the improvements in a new release of zMUD. Of course you know that, since you responded to the topic where Zugg announced it.

No matter how many times you make a 'post of the week', there won't be any change until the next release. Your posts won't speed it up, neither will they slow it down.

tbone235 gave you a solution to fix the problem on your own. If the problem is really important enough to justify being a pointless nuisance (post of the week), it's probably also important enough to invest the time and effort to see if his solution will work for you, and to fix your problem if it does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: