Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
neongoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:14 pm   

All my buttons appear twice

Hello All,

First, thanks to Zugg Software for a product that is wonderful!

I have spent a lot of time recently getting lots of help from these posts on how to make triggers and how to get the automapper to work with special/non-standard room descriptions and prompts. At this point, thanks to you all, I have an auto-mapper that is automatically mapping Avalon almost 100% perfectly.

My question is as follows:

I have defined about 20 buttons which contain very simple one or two line commands. When I defined them all, I positioned them in different rows to organize them according to function. Anyway, everything worked fine and still works fine EXCEPT that when I started ZMUD the day following the creation of all my buttons, there were TWO of every button.

So, whenever I create a button, it appears in the top button area and works fine but if I close and restart ZMUD it appears twice.
Looks like this for example:

<HEAL><ATTACK><MEDITATE><HEAL><ATTACK><MEDITATE>
<FIREBALL><ICE><FIREBALL><ICE>
<HIDE><REVEAL><JUMP><CRY><HIDE><REVEAL><JUMP><CRY>

Just made up the button names but I think you get the idea.

Hope I'm doing something wrong - let me know experts!

Thanks,

JM
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:02 am   

Stupid question #1: do you create these buttons via code? If so, whatever trigger or whatever that creates them is likely firing twice.

Stupid question #2: do you use inherited settings files? Might want to check that a)you didn't save to the wrong file and 2)you don't have copies of said buttons in both files.

3rd time's the charm: if it's proven that the buttons are not of your own creation, you probably have a corrupted settings file. Following the Migration Guide should fix you up.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:05 am   

This used to occur to me every time I exported to text then imported to a blank file. It stopped happening with one of the more recent beta releases, I thought... or perhaps it was something else causing the doubling up, not the export/import.

See if you can recall the precise steps needed to replicate it, and tell us some stuff about your system.
neongoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:21 am   

The buttons are not created with any scripts. They are permanent and do not contain any complicated scripts themselves.

Further, my status bar that I have defined acts the same way (there are 2 of them). For example if I make a status bar that just sats HELLO then i get:

HELLOHELLO

in the bar.

If I delete a button in the editor, it only removes one of the images. If I exit and restart, both buttons are gone.

Running winXP Pro, ZMUDD 6.62

Thanks.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:02 am   

It sounds like you are using your settings file twice, once as the Primary settings file and again as the Inherited settings file.

Select your problem character at the character selection screen, but don't connect. Instead, click the Edit button. Go to the Files tab. Check your file settings, and if you have the same filename for both Primary and Inherited change the Inherited file to blank.

This was Matt's question 2, which you probably ignored.
neongoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:17 pm   

Thanks guys,

I had both settings files the same and yes, I did ignore that in matt's post because I had never even seen that screen and didn't know what he was talking about.

Thanks Matt, Thanks Lightbulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: