Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
AR
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:10 am   

Couple Questions

When adding stuff to the .map files is ther a way to make the buildings go in background and have shop keeper and stuff above it?

Also why is it when I do a search it doesn't search map files also?

When I delete a entry in ac explorer pro does it remove it from the master_places.dat file and add it to the user.dat as deleted? If I dicided not to update my database with a online one could I just move all the data from master_places to user.dat?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:27 pm   

zExplorer will handle "layers" like this, but AC Explorer draws the buildings after the other locations, so the buildings end up on top.

The search option will search any "detail file" that is currently open. However, AC Explorer caches these files and only opens a detail file that is needed to draw a given area. So yes, the search doesn't work well with that. Since the entire map file format changes in zExplorer to use a real database, zExplorer won't have any problem with this and will be able to properly search all entries.

What happens when you delete an entry is that a special record is added to the user.dat file to indicate that the item is deleted. The master file isn't changed at all. So, when you update the master file, the item stays deleted as long as it's ID number doesn't change. Basically, AC Explorer reads the master file, then reads the user.dat file and when it finds a "deleted" record, the item is deleted from the in-memory cache without effecting the master file on the disk.

And yes, the user.dat and master_places.dat are the same format, so you can copy stuff from the master file into the user file if you want.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: