Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:42 pm   

Version 6.62 prompt problems

It's been a really long time since I posted here, but I just upgraded to 6.62 from 6.16 and here my troubles began (I'd rather not downgrade again, I really want the speedwalking between zones :P )

Okay. I play the The Two Towers MUD (towers.angband.com, port 9999). In it the prompt is customisable but the basic prompt goes:

HP:85 EP:30>

or such like. In 6.16 there was no carriage return at the end, now there it (I had to remove the carriage return from my customised prompt to avoid massed of empty lines.

I have a trigger, very basic at the moment, which just makes the prompt a bright white (all text is dull green except a few other triggered lines). The problem is, until the carriage return is entered the propmt does not set of the trigger, so the latest hp/ep is still dull green until something happens.

Is there a way to have the trigger fire earlier (before the carriage return) or even better, set the carriage returns back to how 6.16 handled them?

I hope what I wrote makes sense :)
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:07 pm   

For your first problem, set the trigger type to Prompt, instead of New-line, but the second part, thats not a zmud thing.. zmud doesnt "add" carriage returns to anything, but displays stuff exactly as your mud shows it "unless you use a #sub command"
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:11 pm   

Okay, that solved it, thanks, though there is still carriage returns after everything, odd. :)

NEW PROBLEM: If I move fast enough (10w,10e etc or using the travelto command to move between towns) it doesn't trigger on most of them, maybe 2 out of the 10. any suggestions?
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:16 pm   

Go to preferences->general->Emulation, and remove the check next to 'use GA/EOR for prompt' if it's checked.

That was added because there are a lot of muds out there that are using it to do exactly what you don't want it to do: adding the carriage return after the prompt.

Try disabling it, and see if that helps.
sjleonard
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:23 pm   

Lalaynya: That worked perfectly! Thanks.

zex0s: Thanks for your help, I never knew about half the settings in triggers :)

My next plan is to make the hp and ep change colour (green, yellow and red), any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: