Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Grif
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:05 am   

pulling color from triggers?

Ok, is it possible to pull color from a triggered line? I know it is possible to trigger off color but thats not really what I'm wanting to do. For example:

+* A Human *+, +* A Large Rakshasa *+ and +* A Wild-Elf *+ and are a long ways off east from here.

I want to be able to make a trigger that will capture both the race and color and size of each and put them in a string/var like "Red Human, Large Green Rakshasa, and Purple Wild-Elf"

another example:

+* A Huge Illithid *+, +* A Tall Lich *+, +* A Tall Cave-Troll *+, +* A Lich *+ and +* A Tall Cave-Troll *+ are a long ways off south from here.

and the resulting string I would like to be like: "Huge Orange Illithid, Tall Green Lich, Tall Green Cave-Troll, Orange Lich, and Tall Brown Cave-Troll"

If someone could help me form a trigger(s) to gather this info, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:46 am   

ummmmm
*racks his brain*
as far as i know (i'm not authoritative) you are looking at alot of trouble for yourself.
best bet might be to make a color trigger for each possible creature. i.e. a trigger for green humans, a trigger for purple humans, etc.

Another option might be reparse state triggers. trigger the first state on the key phrase for the line "and are a long ways off east from here" or whatever. the reparse it lots of times looking for specific colors and capturing the text there.

i know these are vague ideas, um, i'm just a little bit tired and thought i would throw these thoughts out there on the off chance that they are useful.

more likely someone else here has a better idea (lightbulb ? Smile)

the easiest way would probably be a plugin, so you could have a very straight look at the ansi codes as they come in.

but if there was a different way to get the same information (other than relying on colors) you would be alot better off.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:32 pm   

It is possible, but would depend on whether your mud is using MXP or ansi to color the mobs. I will write an ansi sample...

#CLASS {testscan}
#ALIAS test {#SHOW %ansi(white)+* %ansi(red)A Human%ansi(white) *+, +* %ansi(green)A Large Rakshasa %ansi(white)*+ and +* %ansi(magenta)A Wild-Elf%ansi(white) *+ are a long ways off east from here.}
#ALIAS CleanMobScan {#VAR %1 %replace(@{%1},"A ","");#VAR %1 %replace(@{%1},%ansi(green),"Green ");#VAR %1 %replace(@{%1},@ShortAnsi(red),"Red ");#VAR %1 %replace(@{%1},@ShortAnsi(magenta),"Purple ");#VAR %1 %replace(@{%1},@ShortAnsi(white),"")}
#VAR scaneast { Red Human , Green Large Rakshasa , Purple Wild-Elf }
#VAR ShortAnsi {%concat(%char(27),"[",%word(%ansi(%1),2,";"),"m")}
#TRIGGER "MobCap" {are a long ways off (%w) from here.} {#VAR scan%1 %replace(%line,"and",",");#STATE MobCap %numwords(scan%1,",")} "" {color}
#COND {+~*(*)~*+} {#VAR scan%t1 "%1";#STATE MobScan 0;CleanMobScan scan%t1} {reparse|color}
#COND {+~*(*)~*+ and +~*(*)~*+} {#VAR scan%t1 {"%1", "%2"};#STATE MobScan 0;CleanMobScan scan%t1} {reparse|color}
#COND {+~*(*)~*+, +~*(*)~*+ and +~*(*)~*+} {#VAR scan%t1 {"%1", "%2", "%3"};#STATE MobScan 0;CleanMobScan scan%t1} {reparse|color}
#CLASS 0

This trigger set expects that default color is green. In the CleanMobScan alias which ever is your default color goes into the one that is just %ansi, all other colors have to go in @ShortAnsi references. I only included those colors and only made enough ReParse states that were needed for testing. You can add the rest. I assumed the non-mob name text in the line was colored white, if that is not the case adjust that as well.
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:58 pm   

neat vijilante Very Happy
what does this do?
quote:

#STATE MobScan 0;

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:57 am   

Resets the trigger, so only the correct reparse condition, as calculated in the 0 state, is tested. Its probably not necessary, but I like code that protects itself from errors.

Ooops...too many hours spent reading the windows api. Thanks Lightbulb.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:16 pm   

It's probably a typo -- should be:
#STATE MobCap 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: