Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bradach
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:29 pm   

Licence Replacement

Argh! zMud has been crashing ever since I got my latests eLicence, and I sent my email to support to get a new Reg Code, and no one had gotten back to me in days! I'm stuck using MudMaster, for which I have practically NOTHING configured. Has anyone had a difficult time contacting support? Are they on vacation or something?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:19 pm   

I don't know what the correct procedure is for getting a new number, but if there are any problems you can generally send eLicense-related concerns to Chiara (she's the official Zuggsoft representative for such matters).

eLicense in my experience has been very prompt in their service with me, so if you didn't really stump them (in which case they might be trying to figure out a solution before replying) your mail might have simply gotten lost in the clutter. Sending again should give much better results.
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:32 am   

The other thing to remember about e-mail is that between your e-mail server and theirs, that e-mail could go through 50 or more servers.... if one of those servers eats it, the servers at either end would never know.....

There are no gaurantees that e-mails will get to their intended recipient... if you don't get a response back within a couple days, send another e-mail!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:51 pm   

We have worked with eLicense on this problem. The new solution is to simply right-click on the ZMUD.EXE file and select Unlicense from the eLicense control menu. Then run zMUD to get the Trial screen, click the License button, re-enter your reg code into the Order ID field, then click Install license. This should reset your license and fix the crashes. You no longer need to get a new license code.

Although we sometimes get behind on the weekends, we always try to answer all of our email within 48 hours. And Chiara usually puts the "crash" licensing messages in my Urgent box and I answer those quickly. So, if you haven't gotten an answer, we might not have gotten your email. But we get hundreds of emails per day that we answer and I can't remember specifics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: