Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Xemm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:20 pm   

Zmud stopped working altogether....

Does anyone know why this could be happening.....?

I use windows xp, and I just had the 'spybot' virus but my friend got rid of it for me, and he also took all my programs out of startup using msconfig, but now zmud wont run, at all, there is no elicense icon in 'my computer' and no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall, and even go into the registry and delete everything that says zmud and elicense it still wont work, argh its frustrating cause I love zmud I dont wanna hafta use another mud client :(
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:44 pm   

Sounds like the LicCtrl service got set to disabled. That setting would be kept between remove and reinstall. You can fix it by right-clicking My Computer and selecting Manage. In the left pane, expand Services and Applications, then select Services. In the right pane find LicCtrl and double-click to bring up its properties. Make sure Startup Type is set to automatic, and it is started.

By default it doesn't have a description set, now would be a good time to put in a little description to help you remember what it is next time your friend decides to disable your system.
Xemm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:11 pm   

ahhhhhh

thanks so much :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: