Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kronus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:45 am   

Wish list for next version

Why not, when updating the mud listings, instead of having it run through all the names of the muds it's processing, just have a little progress bar. It's not like I can read the names as they fly by anyhow. Any ways. Just a thought....
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:06 pm   

Because I believe that zMUD is not able to know beforehand how many MUDs it has to update.

Kjata
Kronus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:20 am   

Good point. But it can't take the name of the first mud in the file and the name of the last mud in the file and then base it's progress on the muds it processes in between them? Or is that not possible? I am not really sure WHAT zMUD is doning when it's processing the muds...

**EDITED**
I just thought about it some more and I still see your point. It doesn't know how many is inbetween the first and the last MUD. I guess it you wanted to get REAL technical you could count the number of bytes or something processed and compare it to the over all size of the file. But still... thats a lot of work for something so small. Besides, it's not broke, so why fix it right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: