Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Skrud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:41 am   

Replacing alias parms when number of parms unknown

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a hand on this. I think I'm overlooking the obvious, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Basically what I want is some method of taking everything in %2, %3, %4, and on, and replacing it (if found in a list) with something else (say out of a variable). Actually, the end data types really don't matter, I can kludge up anything I'll need, just need to find a way to harvest %2, %3, %4 for all of their secrets - if they exist.

Anyone have an easy way to do this with forall or some such? I'm not sure how you'd go about doing something like this, but can usually get some pretty complex things going. This one is just eluding me and it seems so simple...
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:00 am   

Try using the %param and %numparams functions.
Skrud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:08 am   

Arg! Knew it was something really easy, but couldn't for the live of me find it despite the semi-obvious funct names. Sorry 'bout the lame Q, been trying really funky combos of list and db var looping functs to grab those. Think your suggestions will work much better. :)

Think I've just been up for waaay too many hours. Thanks Vijilante!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: