Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Haroun

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:37 pm   

Setting multiple timers

I have a timer set to activate on "surrounded by a talisman of protection" and ends on "your talisman fades away", but my problem is, how do I set a timer for other things at the same time?

Ive heard there is a weird way to do it with waits, is there any guide that I could look at? A person I kenw had it set up and was going to show me, but then he just quit the mud. Anyway, any help would greatly be appreciated.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:08 pm   

What is the purpose of the "timer"? Simply to measure the time-length of "talisman"?

What is the script you use to set your "timer"?

You can have any number of scripts to measure the time-length of various actions, by simply using different variables with different start/stop phrases.

#TR {start phrase} {#VAR startA %ctime}
#TR {stop phrase} {#MATH timerA (%ctime - @startA)}

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Haroun

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:42 pm   

Err, sorry I didnt say it clearly. I need something that would count down the talisman as it goes by, so ill know when it us about to down. I have the talisman timer set to shut down since otherwise it scrolls right now and goes around again.

Im trying to figure out how to have multiple countdown timers on the status bar for different spells so I know when they are all about to go down.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:14 am   

Once you know the approximate length of an action, you can just set an alarm to notify you when it's expected to expire. Assuming talisman lasts 60 seconds...

#TR {surrounded by a talisman of protection} {#ALA +55 {#SAY Talisman expires in 5 seconds}}

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: