Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
neep
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:33 pm   

blinking/reverse text

Is there a setting in zmud to tell it how to send blinking text to the mud? I have it working for all the colors but for blinking stuff it just does {F}{B}text which to the mud looks like {F}text where the text appears black (normally text is white) the proper way to make it blink is {BLINK}

The second problem is w/ forground and background. the only way in my mud to manipulate background is with {REVERSE} which makes the text black and the background whatever color the text is set to... for example
{GREEN,REVERSE}text Would show Black forground and green background. I've tried messing with the Syntax for setting both colors but it doens't work quite right. I try setting it to {REVERSE,B} but that just sends {REVERS,B} , it doens't substitute the background color for B. Thanks for any help.

EDIT:: the only way I can think of solving this is using %replace() but I don't want to have to do that if theres a way to do it automatically. Also I'm not sure if the mud uses the reverse video or sets the forground and background...
Also this would probably work if B and F worked under background settings and forground/background settings, for some reason the F and B only get expanded to change the forground.
-Neep
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: