Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:50 pm   

DragonRealms stance buttons/gauges

These button positions are set up to be under my status icons, which are 2 columns of 4 each, so you may have to adjust where the buttons go. But this script has proven to work extremely well, except when used in roundtime. Press the "P:", "S:" and "E:" buttons (Parry, Shield, and Evasion, respectively) to set stance for those (also easy to customize), and press the "Unused" button to recalibrate the gauges. Warning: gags are used, so if you attempt to manually adjust stance after installing this script, you should disable it first.

#CLASS {Stance}
#VAR parry {60}
#VAR evasion {60}
#VAR shield {60}
#TRIGGER {You are currently using (*)~% of your shield block skill.} {#var shield %1}
#TRIGGER {You are currently using (*)~% of your evasion skill.} {#var evasion %1}
#TRIGGER {You are currently using (*)~% of your weapon parry skill.} {#var parry %1}
#TRIGGER {(You have (*) points left to allocate.)} {#var unused %1}
#TRIGGER {You are now set to} {#gag}
#TRIGGER {STANCE} {#gag} "" {case}
#BUTTON 26 {P: @parry} {STANCE parry;#var parry 100;#var evasion 40;#var shield 40;#var unused 0} {Shield} {stance shield;stance evasion 0;stance parry 80} {@parry} {} {} {Size} {35} {15} {Pos} {131} {15} {} {} {Gauge||12|100|0|7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {stance} {2}
#BUTTON 27 {S: @shield} {STANCE shield;#var shield 100;#var evasion 40;#var parry 40;#var unused 0} {} {} {@shield} {} {} {Size} {35} {14} {Pos} {150} {15} {} {} {Gauge||12|100|0|7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 28 {E: @evasion} {STANCE evasion;#var evasion 100;#var parry 40;#var shield 40;#var unused 0} {} {} {@evasion} {} {} {Size} {35} {14} {Pos} {168} {15} {} {} {Gauge||12|100|0*|7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 29 {Unused: @unused} {STANCE} {} {} {@unused} {} {} {Size} {65} {14} {Pos} {186} {1} {} {} {Gauge||12|180|0|7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 30 {-} {#IF {@parry>4} {#math parry @parry-5;#math unused @unused+5;#exec STANCE parry @parry}} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {14} {14} {Pos} {132} {1} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {p-} {2}
#BUTTON 31 {+} {#IF {@unused>4} {#math parry @parry+5;#math unused @unused-5;#exec STANCE parry @parry}} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {14} {14} {Pos} {132} {53} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {p+} {2}
#BUTTON 32 {-} {#IF {@shield>4} {#math shield @shield-5;#math unused @unused+5;#exec STANCE shield @shield}} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {14} {14} {Pos} {151} {1} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {s-} {2}
#BUTTON 33 {+} {#IF {@unused>4} {#math shield @shield+5;#math unused @unused-5;#exec STANCE shield @shield}} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {14} {14} {Pos} {151} {53} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {} {2}
#BUTTON 34 {-} {#IF {@evasion>4} {#math evasion @evasion-5;#math unused @unused+5;#exec STANCE evasion @evasion}} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {14} {14} {Pos} {169} {1} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {e-} {2}
#BUTTON 35 {+} {#IF {@unused>4} {#math evasion @evasion+5;#math unused @unused-5;#exec STANCE evasion @evasion}} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {14} {14} {Pos} {169} {53} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {e+} {2}
#CLASS 0
Sylence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:59 pm   

I like the idea of this script. How do I install it? I've zmud 6.62.

Thanks for any help.
Backu
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:04 pm   

I would say to Copy and Paste the #CLASS to #CLASS into a Notepad file (save as .txt), then load zMUD, goto Settings, Click Import, Click Script (ASCII), when the window to select the file loads, goto where you saved the .txt file at, and open it. If all goes well, your new scripts will load up without a problem (though you will have to manually set the locations and colors of buttons afterwards if you wish them other than defaut.)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:42 pm   

A simpler method.

Copy everything from #CLASS {Stance} to #CLASS 0. Open your zMUD character, and paste it all into the command line. Press Enter.
Backu
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:21 am   

zMUD would parse half of it, screwing it all up. I've tried that route before, it never worked quite right.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:50 pm   

If the script is pasted to the command line, zMUD will parse all of it, turning it into the correct settings. This is the method the script is written for and I've also used "that route" before, many times. It works every time, unless the script contains errors. In this case, the script is fine.

I haven't tried your method, pasting to a script file and then importing. It should work equally well since it's the equivalent of the command line method, with the added step of creating an extra file.

Compare the post counts. While experience is no guarantee of expertise, it is a strong indicator.
Backu
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:07 pm   

Dude, I've been writing scripts for years, and just now starting to look at these forums. Cut-and-paste-into-command-line don't work for alot of Scripts due to certain characters IN the script itself, not for reasons of PARSING.. in other words, bite me. I've been scripting since the days of 4.62, which happened to be my first client, and I haven't stopped since. Cripes! I made a completely interactive set of scripts for Realms of the Dragon that actually monitored it's cash and sold my wizard spells to people as they wished..... I did that in '98, so don't talk to me with this 'Thou-aren't-better-then-thy' and accept that other people can know just as much as you.
healunter
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:30 am   

The only thing I don't like with this is it takes up like 2/3s of the top of the window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: