Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bulba

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:52 am   

reading from window

I downloaded a trial version zmud 6.40 (for now). I read help and tried to programme this. I wanted read last blue/underline line from a actual window (im wonder how to do that). Set that line as a variable (thats no problem) and compare that name with a roomnames in databases (i think some example i saw in help). If i manage that problem i can aplicate that on a hidden exits in muds. If any1 has any idea how to do that i will be happy. And another my question is how to check and read from a actual window on a background (in every for example 0.2 sec).
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:16 am   

I am very unclear in what exactly you are trying to do. Paste some mud output with notes on what you want done.

quote:

I wanted read last blue/underline line from a actual window (im wonder how to do that). Set that line as a variable (thats no problem) and compare that name with a roomnames in databases (i think some example i saw in help). If i manage that problem i can aplicate that on a hidden exits in muds.

You are looking to use a trigger to match that line.

quote:

And another my question is how to check and read from a actual window on a background (in every for example 0.2 sec).

Once again you can use a trigger for this. You could use an #ALARM trigger to force something every odd periodic time; however if you are wanting to "read" something then a normal trigger matching that pattern would be suggested. Without further information, I can not give any useful advice.

Ton Diening
Bulba

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:11 pm   

I'm not so strong in english so sorry for that. I will try explain that this way.

this is example of mud output (this is a log fragment):

----------------------------------------

* CW Mana:Cold>
Valley Entrance
Exits: north, south, west.

* CW Mana:Cold>They aren't here.

* CW Mana:Cold>w
Rock Slide
A large pile of boulders is sitting here, probably debris from a rockslide.
Exits: east.

* CW Mana:Cold>e
Valley Entrance
Exits: north, (south), west.

* CW Mana:Cold>s
w
Empty Valley
Exits: (north), down.

----------------------------------------

.... as you can see all here is without ansicolors.

words ("Valley entrance","Rock slide","Empty valley", etc.) are roomnames in mud (game have more than 10000 rooms ... i talking about MUME mud - fire.pvv.org 4242)

In a game (not in mud client) i can setup colors for roomnames, goodzones, weather, room description, narrates, tells, hits, dmgs etc.). For roomname i setuped blue color and underline flag.

Directions, where you can go in game, sended to client by game are only VISIBLE direction. In a room with directions "down" and "north" could also be hidden exit to the south.

And now what i want to make. Because all other lines on a mudclient (zmud, tintin, etc.) screen are not blue-underline (because my setup in mud) i want get last blue-underline line (always contains roomname) on a screen and put it into some variable.

In my mudclient settings i will also store in other variable last direction i want to go in game.

In a second step i will compare variable with a roomname with my database (i have some roomnames from a game with directions and names of hidden exits).

If i found in database same roomname i will get other two information from database (direction, hidden exit name) and store them into variables too. After that mudclient will do some actions ... .

And I have just two problems.

1) How to find that right line on a screen and store it. Screen checking should be per 0.2 sec or after some change on screen.
2) How to compare roomname information with a data in database.

ad1) I really dont know.
ad2) I think i saw some usefull functions/commands in zmud help.

I hope that this time you understand what i want to do. If not i dont know how more cleary i can describe that :)

Thanks for your try to help me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: