Play RetroMUD
Knos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:15 pm   

COM Plugins

http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/complug.htm

I've reviewed this for Visual Basic.

It tells me that theres a Compiler error:

Object module needs to implement 'Version' for interface 'IzMUDPlugin'

I followed the instructions to the letter. Also the sub/function defined in the help starts as a Sub and ends as a Function...

I hope someone can help me.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:54 pm   

quote:

http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/complug.htm

I've reviewed this for Visual Basic.

It tells me that theres a Compiler error:

Object module needs to implement 'Version' for interface 'IzMUDPlugin'

I followed the instructions to the letter. Also the sub/function defined in the help starts as a Sub and ends as a Function...

I hope someone can help me.

Either you didn't use Implements, you didn't write up the sub, or you left an obvious mistake in your code somewhere (ie, a typo or ending a sub with a function). We probably can't help you further than that without code snippets to cite and show changes to.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Zor
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:25 pm   

The problem is that you haven't implemented at least a stub function for the Version method.

Take a look at the instructions again and make sure to do the following in the "Implementing your Plugin" section:

quote:
Now that we have the project setup it is easy to add code into it. The first thing you need to do is provide a declaration of each method in the IzMUDPlugin interface - these declarations do not need to do anything, but Visual Basic will not compile the project until you have done this.

Select IzMUDPlugin from the Object list in the TestObject code window and select each method from the Procedure list - Visual Basic will create empty procedures each time you select a procedure that does not have a definition.

You will find that at a minimum the Version method is missing and there might be others as well.

Once you have Visual Basic create at least the stub functions then you should be all set.
Knos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:21 am   

AH HA, I hadn't noticed that 'IzMUDPlugin' objected created a whole load of procedures.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: