Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:07 am   

Help with a coloring script.

Ok, I messed with this forever the other day, and couldn't come up with a way that worked.

What I'm trying to do is set up a way to give a string a certain color sequence...

Say I have something like this: xxxxx

I want to be able to enter something longer, and have it colored with the same pattern... so:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What I tried was to set up a string list variable with the color code to add for each section, and a second string list with the percentage that it started at.

then I looped through the string, one letter at a time, checking what %of the way through it was, comparing that with the second string list and using #SENDP to send the appropriate color code(from the first string list) and letter.

I just couldn't get the damn thing to work!!!!

The reason I was trying to set it in string lists is that I could then easily change the color scheme I was using, or maybe even pick from a list of color schemes.

HELP!
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:06 am   

Conceptual:
#VAR s {12345}
#VAR ColorBreak ""
#VAR ColorCodes {&b|&m|&y|&r|&g}
#LOOP %numitems( @ColorCodes) {#ADDITEM ColorBreak %eval( 1+(%i-1)*%len( @s)/%numitems( @ColorCodes))}
#VAR sc ""
#LOOP %numitems( @ColorCodes) {#VAR sc %concat( @sc, %item( @ColorCodes, %i), %copy( @s, %item( @ColorBreak, %i), %eval( %if( %i<%numitems( @ColorCodes), %item( @ColorBreak, %i+1), %len( @s+1))-%item( @ColorBreak, %i))))}
#SH @s vs @sc

There might be a way to play with mod to make it less hacked up. Couldn't think of a way to figure out the off length strings.

Ton Diening
AzCowboy
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:10 am   

Couldn't get it to work with the variables, since one of the color codes I need is `@ ... so I hacked it up and used #sendp and got it working.

Thanks, Ton!
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:48 pm   

Grrr... *kills her hubby for leaving HIS account logged in*

Thanks again, Ton... It's not as pretty as I'd like it(due to my lousy coding!) but it works, and that's what's important, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: