Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
BobXFett
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:19 pm   

Deleting an alarm? (And alarm gauge question).

I've been wondering about this for a while, and I can't find the answer I need inside the help files or on these forums, so I figured I would post.

When an alarm is created, is there any way to delete it?

I use an alarm and gauge combo to tell me when my 10-minute delay full healing skill is ready to use again, but there are some cases where I would want to delete the alarm because the delay has been removed (I'm having trouble thinking of the exact situation, but I know it's happened a couple times).
The way around it that I've found it just setting the alarm to +.5, which basicly gets rid of it immediately, but not quite immediately enough for my tastes if there is an instant alternative ;)

So, is there any way to delete an existing alarm by a command?

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to set up a gauge button so that it will 'empty out' with the ticks of an alarm?

Like if I set an alarm for 10 minutes, link the gauge to that 10 minutes as 'full', then have it ticking down visibly until it is empty at 0 seconds left?

Hope that was descriptive enough, I just woke up a bit ago and my brain is still warming up ;)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:35 am   

An alarm is a trigger. It can be deleted with the #UNTR command. The only difficulty is to ensure you delete the right one. If you can change the alarm's interval, you've probably already learned to label them.
#ALA "healdelay" +10:00 {#SAY heal delay complete}
#UNTR healdelay

Since I don't know of any way to access the value of an alarm's timer within a script, I can't think of any way to use it to control a gauge.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
BobXFett
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:02 am   

Thanks, I didn't realize an alarm was technically a trigger. Me and a friend of mine who uses zMUD also were perplexed with trying to delete an alarm ;)
Bremen
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:38 am   

What about using an alarm to alter a variable?

#tr {full healing skill use} {
#var delay 600
#ALA "healdelay" *1 {#ad delay -1;#if (@delay=0) {#untr healdelay}}
}
and run the gauge off @delay, with max value being 600.

--Bremen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: