Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:48 am   

zMapper wont give me a free trial...

i have zmud 6.53, and i just downloaded zmapper 1.15...never used it before, but it says my trial is expired...anyway to get it back so i can try it out?

/ Malleus /
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:13 pm   

You must have installed an old version of zMapper sometime in the past. The 30 day trial is not reset by newer versions. There isn't any way to reset the trial, so if the trial is expired, the only way to run it is to buy it and then use the 30-day refund if you don't like it.

Keep in mind that this is still BETA software at this point.

Also, it's probably obvious, but also be sure the date is set correctly on your computer. If the year is messed up, that might also cause the trial to get screwed up.

Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:22 pm   

thats the thing, ive never downloaded zmapper at all...
and today i just reinstalled windows for dumb reasons, and tried it again, and the trial still isnt available...

/ Malleus /
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:21 am   

You might want to try contacting eLicense at support@elicense.com, but as I said, once a trial is expired there isn't much we can do. Don't know why it happened, but I haven't gotten any reports from anyone else having this problem.

Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:29 am   

strange i know, i guess ill contact them... just wanna try it out

/ Malleus /
Relle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:39 am   

I downloaded zMapper today to try it out.. and the first time I brought it up, it said my trial had expired! I'd never even heard of zMapper before today.. I'm beyond sure I've never downloaded it before today. I'd really like to try the program, too..

Relle
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:00 am   

Doh!

Sorry folks. I just looked closer into this and found that the current beta version of zMapper was set to expire on 3/1/03. I had intended to get a newer version of zMapper out by now.

Anyway, I changed the expiration on this and have uploaded a new version of zMapper 1.15 with a later expiration on it. It's the same program with just a later expiration...no bug fixes or anything like that.

Try downloading the new version and giving it a try. I'm not sure if eLicense will reset the trial once it is expired, but it's worth a shot. And at least other people that download it won't be burned.

Thanks very much for following up with this and forcing me to realize that the problem was on my end, and sorry again for the trouble.

Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:43 am   

works, kickass zugg :)

thanks

/ Malleus /
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: