Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:03 am   

Logging in 2 versions...

Is there a way to make 2 logfiles when i type '#log'....one with ansi codes, and one without?

/ Malleus /
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:31 am   

Some methods:

1. Have zMUD handle the ANSI color logging and then open a file with #FILE and have a trigger with pattern %* to #WRITE to the file. That way you get the lines without color codes.

2. Create ANSI logs from your main window but have a trigger that sends every line to a child window which has its preferences set for regular logging.

3. Make ANSI logs exclusively and then when you need a plain text log, open it in zMUD's editor, copy the text and paste it into Notepad or something.

4. If it's not really necessary to have an ANSI log but just a color log, you could use my HTML Logger plugin and use both #LOG and #HTMLLOG to generate both types of log at once. You can get more information on it here.

- Charbal
Malleus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:45 am   

yeah thats the thing, i do use your html color logger (and i absoluely love it), but i logged a file today that was 5.5MB (.txt document!) and was a bitch to conver to html and open...heh. SO i wanted to log one version with the color codes incase i absolutely wanted a color copy, and another version without the codes to edit/show people, etc...

Im liking your method 2 the best, although im a zmud newbie...what would the script look like to open a new window, set that window to no ansi logging(and keep the main window ansi-enabled logging), capture everything from the mainwindow to the additional one, then log each window to a seperate file, then stop logging and close the extra window when im done..?

thanks for the help charbal :)

/ Malleus /
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: