Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Raznarl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:45 am   

I need autospell trigger help

I have a trigger set for autospell, thats easy, i can'y figure out how to make it so when i spell wears off it changes something to let me check the status of all the spells I'm normally affect by. I could really use some help on this one.
Raznarl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:59 am   

I'm a beginner at the whole scripting thing, I just need something to start with in vart, macro and alias area.
heres one of the triggers, it shoud be enough to give anyone that wants to help
something i can use.

#TRIGGER {^Your image is no longer blurred and shifting.} {blur} {AutoSpell}

Thats just an autospell trigger, i don't know what would needed to be added to it and what else i need to make it displayed on a list when i when something like "spellcheck" is input

the list set i'm looking for is
The affects of blur is: On or Off ,depending on weather or not i have cast
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:02 am   

Since the trigger automatically recasts the spell, wouldn't all of your spells be On all the time except for the short time between when the trigger sends the command and when the MUDs casts the spell?

Kjata
Raznarl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:05 am   

Some spells can't be recast durring battle and I alot battles i fight in are long and i tend to forget what spells i have and what spells i dont.
All there are about 25 spells i cast on myself.
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:18 am   

This isn't exactly what you're asking for (IE, the spellcheck alias) but it's what i do, and mabey it will appeal to you. I keep track of what spells i have on using buttons.
If a spell is on, the button is green, if off, the button is red. Pushing the button casts the spell. I'll give you an example for your first spell, and you can use it to make the rest of the triggers. Rather than automatically casting dropped spells, it will simply color the button for that spell to red, then you click the button.

Here goes...

First, triggers on the success message, and the wearing off message:

#trigger {Your image is blurred and shifting} {#noop %btncol(blur,green,white)}
#trigger {Your image is no longer blurred and shifting} {#noop %btncol(blur,red,white)}

Now, make a button for that spell. You need to set the ID of the button to the name of the spell. Where you see 'blur' in the examples above is where you would but the ID of the button for that spell. Also, be sure to substitute your mud's outputs, as i just quessed on the success message.

I have these buttons along the top of my screen, and it works great.
Penjulum
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:05 pm   

You need to adjust your AutoSpell triggers to have them add the spell you are casting to a list.
#TRIGGER {^Your image is no longer blurred and shifting.} {#additem SpellList blur; blur} {AutoSpell}
Then add one that sees when they are cast successfully to remove them.
#Trigger {^Your image blurs and shifts.} {#delitem SpellList blur} {AutoSpell}
Then you can add in a couple aliases to show you what you are missing and one that will just cast them all.
#Alias SpellCheck {#show @SpellList} {AutoSpell}
#Alias SpellUp {#forall @SpellList {%i}} {AutoSpell}

* Not Tested *
technomage
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:31 pm   

search the forum
some1 already did it in nice way
he didn't have autocast, but he cept the list that spells to be cast and the casted it removed them, some thing like smart spellup script
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: