Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Sytokyne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:49 pm   

Beta? Alpha - Maybe...

I registered zMapper and have been trying to successfully create a map for about 2 hours now - not an elaborate map - just a simple one. I have repeatedly received primary key violations, memory leaks, access violations, canvas errors and the like to the point where the software is basically unusable - on three different machines with three different operating systems - Win98, 2000, and XP. I realize that this software is listed as beta, but I would have expected at least a usuable product in some form - especially given the fact that the developer is actually allowing people to register it. Having been very impressed by zMud, I can't believe this has been released as a beta version. What's the deal?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:47 am   

zMapper is very usable for me. Perhaps you could post the exact errors you get and the steps necessary to reproduce them?

Kjata
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:45 pm   

Also make sure you have the latest MDAC system software. Go to http://www.zuggsoft.com/data for detailed instructions.

While I'm the first to admit that there are plenty of bugs, I've also been able to create plenty of successful maps with the current version.

There are known leaks on Win98 systems that will run out of memory resources when using the Shape editor. But that doesn't have any effect on Win2000 or WinXP, both of which seem to work fine with zMapper. But, as Kjata said, without more specifics on the exact problems you are having, there isn't much that can be done.

And with that said, just another reminder that this is BETA software. Some betas are better than others, but zMapper is still a very young product and has a long ways to go.

AzCowboy
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:56 pm   

I've been using zMapper since it was released, and haven't had any major problems with it whatsoever, under win2k, or WinXP. If I were you, I'd take a long, hard look at my systems before posting and slamming perfectly good software.

I work as a software support tech, and get calls like this everyday, and every one I hear makes it that much harder to deal with the next one. People need to stop and realize that there are a good number of people out there using this software with no problems before posting worthless crap posts with only the most generic references to 'errors' 'access violations' ... Bah, fix your computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: