Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

pteppic
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:37 am   

vnum to objid

Hi.

Because of the way I made my map all the rooms vnum's are useless, many rooms even have the same vnum due to importing from different maps.

What I would like to do is automaticly convert them all to be the same as the unique id number assigned to each room, that way I know they are all unique and I can use them for locations in an object database and various location teleport functions.

I guess this can be done with access macros, but I've never used them before so no idea how. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Pteppic
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:50 am   

Have a read on Charbal's notes on his idea:
quote:

#loop 1,%numrooms() {#noop %roomnum(%mapvnum(%i),%i)}

I think that will solve your issue.

Ton Diening
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:53 pm   

Well, there is a problem with that method. Suppose that you have gone through the first 100 rooms and they all have been asigned the numbers 1 through 100 in order. The loop will continue and will now try to change the vNum of room number 101. But suppose that the vNum of this room is currently 98. So, when %mapvnum(101) executes, it returns 98, and now the mapper doesn't know if it should change the vNum for room 98 or 101. My guess is that it most likely chooses the room with that comes first in the list, so it would change room 98's vNum to 101. In the end, depending on the current vNum's of the rooms, the script could do anything from putting the vNums in order to shuffling them around completely.

However, if we change the room mode to use IDs and set the vNums to the room's ID instead of the room's index (I call index its position in the database starting from 1 up to %numrooms), then we are assured that this will not happen:
#NOOP %roommode(1)
#LOOP 1,%numrooms() {#NOOP %roomnum(%mapvnum(%i), %mapvnum(%i))}
#NOOP %roommode(0)

Also, be sure to execute this script while the map is in Map mode, not in Follow mode.

Kjata
pteppic
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:56 pm   

Thanks TonDiening and Kjata.

The second script is working exactly as I wanted. The first one didn't seem to do anything, but maybe I had the map in the wrong mode.

Pteppic
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: