Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hiryuu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:53 am   

Problem with {

The color code escape key for my MUD is {. Is their a simple way for me to use these in my scripts without having to put a ~ before each and every code?

~Hiryuu
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:02 am   

you could go in to the special charectors and change that one in specific to something else, but then you would need to remember what you changed it to for zmud coding

Shalimar

AIM: shalimarwildcat
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:33 am   

Unfortunately, { isn't one of the customizable special characters. Luckily, it only gets parsed if all the conditions are right. If you want to send it to the server, you shouldn't have too many problem with it being parsed out. We use the same character for color codes, and i've never found this to be a problem . If you are having a problem, the ~ is a good solution, as is using doublequotes. Now, you _could_ change the quote character to something that might be easier for you to type.

--------

moon.icebound.net:9000
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:40 am   

No. Putting a ~ before each and every code is the simple way.

{ is NOT part of the special character set. There's no option in preferences to disable or change it.

You could experiment with the Color Syntax preferences page, but I don't think it will be any simpler than using a ~.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
7 minutes after Emit's post. Yes, I really do spend that much time thinking about how to word things even for simple replies like this.
Hiryuu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:09 am   

Whenever I use the { for a color code, zMUD allways complains to me in the syntax window..

~Hiryuu
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:40 am   

I won't tell you to ignore the editor's Syntax Errors. However, if you've checked the syntax and don't see an error AND the trigger, alias, whatever works as expected, then you can probably ignore a particular complaint. The syntax checker isn't perfect.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: