Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gukmbuk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:12 pm   

Expressions for an expnext gauge

I'm new to scripting and not very good at it. I'm not very good with math either so I was wondering if I could get some Idea's on how to set up this gauge.

What I want is and gauge that show's the experience needed for next level. I've set my #setp up already and have it displaying in my status bar. I've also made gauge's for HP's and Mana.

Since the @expVar increases with each kill, and is the total exp gained from all levels, using the @expVar as the gauge max won't work. So I think maybe I need to set another variable for the amount of exp needed to current level (@curExp). I guess this would have to be manually entered any time I leveled, unless someone knows an easier way of dealing with this.

I think expressions could be used in the gauge max field of the button settings, to take what is earned per kill and subtract it from the @expVar so the gauge max remains fixed, but I don't know enough about them, or about coding to set that up. If someone could give me some ideas how to do that I think I could figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:58 pm   

You'll need to know what your exact Exp per level is. Take his number, and call it @tnl. @exptnl will be the number of experience you need to gain the next level, and @level will be your current level:

put this line in with the trigger that calculates @expVar:

#var exptnl %eval(@tnl*(@level + 1) - @expVar)

and make a gauge that moves on @exptnl.

--------

moon.icebound.net:9000
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: