Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mcakatlk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:52 am   

Help Requst: The Editor Window

I'm having two problems, both related to the editor window.

the first is this trigger, designed to capture newbie-chat to a window with all my other communications.

#trigger {newbie-chats} {#cap gcc}

The gcc window allready exists, and the trigger works, the text is captured. But, for some reason, it is also captured to the editor window. I have many text captureing scripts, all vitually the same, and this is the only one with that problem.

The other problem is modifying text in the editor window. I capture large logs, up to 10,000 lines. When I go back to clean up the logs, I sometimes need to delete 3,4,5000 lines, and for some reason it takes up to 3 or 4 minutes between pressing the delete key and the text disapearring. Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:21 pm   

I can't reproduce the problem with the trigger sending text to the editor window. I used your trigger and it always sent text only to the gcc window. Does it only happen with this particular trigger? Does it happen every time with any text received from the MUD? I can't think of anything that might be causing it to capture to the editor window, but try posting some MUD output that makes it fail anyway.

On the editor's slowness, try sending an e-mail to Zugg about it. Perhaps deleting that much data at a time was not considered when it was designed. However, you'll have to wait a bit for Zugg's reply since he is on vacation right now.

Kjata
mcakatlk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:56 pm   

Example mud text:

BobTheNewbie newbie-chats: 'Can someone help me?'

trigger captures the text twice. Once to where it is supposed to, the gcc window, and once to the editor window. I have other triggers that capture text to the gcc window:

#trigger {group-say} {#cap gcc}
text:
Elys tells your guild 'how much were you at :/'

#trigger {You tell} {#cap gcc}
text:
You tell Kethra 'hugz'

and others. These all work exactlly the way they are supposed to, capturing text to the same window.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:11 pm   

Make sure that you do not have any other trigger that also fires on that line. If there is a nother trigegr that also fires on newbie-chat and has the #CAP command with no arguments, the text is captured to the Editor.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: