Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kurt_DH
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:45 am   

Question

Is there a way to replace a certain word with another word in ALL of your triggers? For example, if there was a "slash" command in the game, and I had a LOT of triggers and aliases with the slash command in them, and then the administrators changed the slash command to "hack"..would I be able to change all the "slash" commands into "hack" commands without having to edit every single setting? If this isn't possible, maybe I could suggest it?

-Kurt
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:17 am   

quote:

Is there a way to replace a certain word with another word in ALL of your triggers? For example, if there was a "slash" command in the game, and I had a LOT of triggers and aliases with the slash command in them, and then the administrators changed the slash command to "hack"..would I be able to change all the "slash" commands into "hack" commands without having to edit every single setting? If this isn't possible, maybe I could suggest it?

-Kurt

This depends entirely on how exactly you wrote the triggers. If slash and hack were part of a common variable portion of text and you had that portion kept in a variable, then you'd need only edit the variable and everything using that variable would be updated.

If all you are worried about are slash commands sent to the mud, perhaps you can use a trigger that subs hack for slash:

#trigger {slash} {#sub {hack}}

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:54 am   

You can also export all of your settings to a text file, use a text editor to do a global search and replace on the text and the reimport the settings back.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: